How to Keep Kids Busy in Summer!
May 31, 2022
Now that summer is here, there is a lot more time to fill. Here is a list of fun, easy activities to do during the summer:
- Create a Sand or Water Sensory Bin: fill up a small bin with water or sand, add some toys, and let your kids play! This is a fun way to explore different textures and toys.
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt: Make a list of items you can find around the house, give your kids a bag, and have them look for the things on the list! If lists are hard, you could use pictures instead
- Go to a Movie (or watch one at one): Movies are a fun way to stay entertained (and cool) on a hot day! Emagine Theatres occasionally offers sensory-friendly films!
- Host a Character Day: Have your kid dress up like their favorite character and watch a movie or read a book!
- Chalk Party: Spend some time outside and give your kid chalk to draw with! You can draw out hopscotch or mazes for them to follow.